Cleaning makeup brushes is a task I never look forward to, I don’t think anyone does. However, I few months ago I came across a new makeup brushing technique that takes my brushes from makeup filled messes to like brand new in no fewer than 20 minutes to do all my brushes.
- Garb a small plate and mix a large amount of washing up liquid with a tiny amount of oil (yes, I said oil).
- Makeup brush cleaner or Baby Shampoo (whatever your preference is)
- Makeup brushes
- Take a makeup brush and wet it slightly under a warm tap.
- Mix the makeup brush in the mix of washing up liquid and oil until the brush is covered in a coat of the mixture.
- Wash off the mixture under warm water and squeeze until the water runs dry.
- Wash makeup brush with the brush cleaner or shampoo
- Put brush aside to dry
- Repeat steps one to five until all brushes are done.
I love this method and would highly recommend it!
What are your makeup brush cleaning tips?